Being an intern with World Relief will allow you to wrestle with the complexities of cross-cultural work in Atlanta while gaining firsthand experience with refugees from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Historically, our interns have been involved with many of these responsibilities:
- Assist Case Managers with day-to-day needs of clients (set up apartments and prepare for arrival, schedule and attend appointments, communicate with landlord/leasing office, etc.)
- Provide advocacy and transportation for refugees to medical appointments, Social Security office, health department, Department of Driver Services, etc.
- Teach skills needed for self-sufficiency: shopping, using public transportation, paying bills, balancing a checkbook, filling out a job application, etc.
- Assist Employment Specialists in placing refugees in appropriate job positions and in developing relationships with businesses in the area to advocate for the hiring of refugees
- Tutor English as a Second Language on an individual basis or in a small group setting.
- Interpret for clients when needed and intern has applicable language skills.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in various tasks around the office.
- Communicate with World Relief staff about refugee needs.
For a complete list of our current internships click here.